Photos get lost due to corrupted SD card? Do you know how to recover lost photos from corrupted or damaged SD card? Free download SD card photo recovery software and follow this guide to restore photos from corrupted SD card now.
About recovering photos from corrupted SD card
Are you looking for solutions to recover photos from corrupted SD card? Your SD card cannot open and files on the memory card cannot be accessed. If you connect the SD card to computer, you can receive error message when you try to open it in Windows File Explorer. The error message can be “You need to format the disk in drive before you can use it. Do you want to format it” “G:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable”; if you check Properties for the memory card, it may show RAW file system or 0 bytes.
SD card is very useful storage device, for provides large space for camera, phone and other devices. It is portable, tiny and cost-effective and can sore various types of files, such as photos, documents, videos, audios, emails, apps, and so on. The corrupted SD card brings about the data loss issue. Fortunately, there are solutions to retrieve lost photos and other data from corrupted memory card. In this pose you can find a free SD card data recovery tool and a detailed guide help you get back lost photos from corrupted memory card.
Free Software to recover photos from corrupted SD card
Eassos Recovery Free is powerful and free software for photos recovery and corrupted SD card data recovery. It supports recovering photos and other files lost due to deletion, formatting, memory card corrupted, RAW drive, partition missing, etc.
- It supports to recover all types of files like photos, videos, music, document, emails and more from SD card.
- Deleted file recovery: retrieve deleted files from emptied Recycle Bin as well as removable disks.
- Formatted & RAW partition recovery: scan formatted, RAW or corrupted device and recover files with original names and paths.
- Restore lost partition: scan device for lost or deleted partitions and restore them to partition table.
- Pre-recovery file recovery is supported: it shows files and allows users to preview files before recovery. Thus, you can evaluate recovery quality in advance.
Step-by-step guide: how to recover photos from corrupted SD card?
Eassos Recovery Free is able to search for and preview lost photos from corrupted memory card, and it allows to recover 1GB data for free. If you need to recover extra data, you can upgrade it to the full version which can recover unlimited amount of data.
To recover deleted or lost photos from memory card, you should download and install the SD card photo recovery software on your Windows computer. Then you can follow the instruction below to perform the recovery task. The recovery process is quite easy and does not require any complicated computer skills.
Step 1: Connect the corrupted SD card to computer.
If the corrupted SD card is used on digital camera or mobile, you should turn off the device prior to taking out the memory card. Then use a card reader to connect it to computer USB port.
Step 2: Launch Eassos Recovery Free and choose recovery function.
To retrieve corrupted, damaged, RAW, unformatted or inaccessible SD card, you can try Recover Files From Partition.
Step 3: Scan the corrupted SD card to look for lost photos.
Select the SD card where you need to recover data and click Next button. Then Eassos Recovery Free runs a complete scanning on the memory card.
Step 4: Preview and recover photos and other data from SD card.
You can preview files listed in scanning result which classifies data under two tabs Directory and File types. Choose wanted photos and files and click Recover button, and you can save them to your computer.
Additional tips on corrupted SD card photo recovery
- Stop using the SD card once you are aware that it is corrupted, and do not try formatting or repairing the memory card. These operations are likely to damage lost data and affect recovery result.
- Do not restore lost photos directly to the memory card. You can save recovered photos and files to a different location, such as hard drive, USB flash drive, etc.
- No data recovery can guarantee 100% success rate, for the result can be affected by many factors. Thus, it is important to avoid data loss.
- Use effective and easy-to-use photo recovery or SD card recovery software. If you’d like to use paid software, it is recommended to try and test software before making the payment.
When your memory card gets corrupted and loses photos, the first thing you need to do is keeping calm. The take the SD card from the digital device to prevent data overwrite. Then you can use free photo recovery software to recover photos, pictures and videos from corrupted SD card. In many cases, you can successfully get back lost photos as long as the card is only logically damaged. If you need any help regarding corrupted SD card photo recovery, please feel free to contact our support team.